Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8 / 2.9 File explorer

* Joseph Bupe <joseph bupe gmail com> [10-29-14 20:34]:

I would love to see the GIMP open file explorer

er, "file exploder" ???  rather dolphin or krusader or ...

updated to allow multiple thumbnail view; unlike the current explorer
where I have to know the name of the file and click it to view it's
thumbnail.

Why want somthing you already have?  This is how my system works unless
the image is larger that my preview settings.

In Krita 2.8.2, images in a selected directory are displayed as thumbnails
immediately you navigate to that directory. So if I do not know the name of
a file I can choose it based on its content as seen from a thumbnail among
other thumbnails, than clicking each file through the list of files as in
GIMP.

I hope this is a usability issue that can be resolved in the earliest
possible time.

You are missing something ???