[Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8 / 2.9 File explorer

Hi developers,

I would love to see the GIMP open file explorer updated to allow multiple
thumbnail view; unlike the current explorer where I have to know the name
of the file and click it to view it's thumbnail.

In Krita 2.8.2, images in a selected directory are displayed as thumbnails
immediately you navigate to that directory. So if I do not know the name of
a file I can choose it based on its content as seen from a thumbnail among
other thumbnails, than clicking each file through the list of files as in
GIMP.

I hope this is a usability issue that can be resolved in the earliest
possible time.

Regards.

Joseph