Re: [Gimp-developer] Don't make an architectural mistake based on a groundless premise

On 10/09/2014 11:53 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
I say mitigates, not solves, as cameras have a nasty habit of not
reproducing colors exactly the way people see them. Saturated yellows
can be out of gamut as interpreted by camera matrix input profiles.

I said that wrong. Saturated yellows can be interpreted by camera matrix input profiles as colors that are imaginary. They are out of gamut with the sum total of all real colors. Hence they are out of gamut with respect to ACES, ProPhotoRGB, Identity, and all other commonly and uncommonly used RGB working spaces because all of these spaces skim along the edges of real yelow colors as plotted on the xy chromaticity diagram.

Elle