Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On 11/17/2014 06:56 PM, Simon Budig wrote:
Oh, I was under the assumption that AdobeRGB had well defined
chromaticies. If that is not the case then please consider my example
moot. I am well aware that dealing with color profiles most definitely
is not my area of expertise.
It absolutely does have well-defined chromaticities.

LCMS specifies an odd value for D65 and doesn't compensate for hexadecimal rounding. And so almost everyone who distributes ICC profiles made with LCMS makes AdobeRGB1998-compatible profiles that don't exactly match the Adobe specifications.

Graham Gill distributes ClayRGB1998.icm that exactly matches the Adobe specs. I've submitted code to GIMP to make a proper AdobeRGB1998-compatible profile.

Other free/libre profile makers really aren't distributing an exact match to the Adobe specs. I've already reported this on the LCMS mailing list.

Similar problems obtain with a lot of other free/libre ICC profiles.

Elle