Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp on Steam

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Abraham Levi Mireles Alvarez wrote:

It would be amazing if we could use steam by using a trustable and
multiplataform installer plus... you guys could post updates without
us having to download gimp all over again  whenever a new version
is real eased. Plus the opens source awesome will get more exposure.
It's a win win scenario imo.

I think feedback is overdue here. This was discussed among developers,
and while we have a contributor willing to maintain a build for Steam,
the core team's opinion currently is that supporting a proprietary
software delivery platform doesn't feel right.

Alexandre