Re: [Gimp-developer] Wayland wacom support: binding tablets to the canvas

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 5:54 AM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
[Please CC me on the reply, I'm not on the list]

Hey guys,

As you may be aware we're currently working on getting wacom graphics tablet
support into Wayland. Lyude (on CC) has sent out an inital draft for the
protocol, archived here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-June/015583.html
Dmitry from the Krita project has also triggered a discussion here.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-June/015605.html
This is all still in flux, so don't expect the current draft to be the final
project, but now's the time to wish for what you need.

All that aside, here's a specific question: GIMP has/had a feature where the
surface of the tablet could be mapped to the canvas on the screen.

It's a sort of typical feature for GTK+ apps that deal with advanced
input devices. At the very  least Inkscape and Synfig have it as well.

Alex