Re: [Gimp-developer] How to call gimp_export_image() from Pythonplugin

This is a missing feature in the 2.8 release. New features are usually not added
in stable release cycle, which is the case of gimp 2.8  - and gimp-python is
bound to it.

If it was something without which one would die - but  the
functionality can be obtained by 5 lines
of code, as already answered in the first e-mail.

I will deal shortly  with the other bug reported here - regarding the
"parent" atribute of layers, which
is being retrieved as Layer, not LayerGroup.
I might add the "export" method to GIMP Image objects - but that is a
new feature , I am  not sure if it should be backported to 2.8 .