Re: [Gimp-developer] urgent

Good morning guys, it is 7:44 in the morning in Poland. I highly apreciate your
comments and help. Since I am thinking about starting my own business in a year
or two- I need to finish project firts, I am also thinking if you are aware of
any service with pics for commercial use and by commercial use I mean : website
and catalogue that would be printed in maaany opies,  I guess finally around
thousands of copies ?

Best regards and have a great weekend,we have a great sunny day here !!

Anna Alia Algawam
Project Manager

Blue Green Tour sp. z o.o.
Chmielna 11, 1st. floor
00-021 Warsaw

Office : +48226572279
Fax. : +48226927462
Mobile : +48 696434645

E-mail : alia algawam bgtour pl
General
Inquiry : bgtour bgtour pl
Skype : Blue.Green.Tour

Dnia 9 czerwiec 2014 o 03:15 SorinN <nemes sorin gmail com> napisaƂ(a):

 Wow,
 in few words Anna - yes you can produce content using  Gimp, and you can use
then your product without any restriction - you can sell your artwork, you can
use your artwork as part of other commercial products.

   wrote:

   > On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:06 AM, C R < cajhne gmail com
   > <mailto:cajhne gmail com> > wrote:
   >
   > Applied to GIMP, this essentially means that as long as you own the (c)
   > > the materials used in your logo/image, your work is protected under
   > > the
   > > GPLv3 licence, when output by GIMP.
   >
   > The clause you point out is specifically for programs that include
   > GPL'ed content in their output. It does not apply for gimp. If you own
   > the photos you started with, then you own the output.
   >
   > (IANAL, and the above is not legal advice.)

   I'm going to assume that you are also not a native English speaker. You
   appear to be interpreting the word "protected" to mean "covered". This
was
   not the author's intent, as evidenced by the later statement:

   To say the output can not be used for
   > sale or other business purposes would be discrimination, and would
   > violate
   > the very idea of FOSS.

   GPL compilers can produce executables that are not GPL, and GPL image
   editors can produce images that are not GPL.

   GPLv3 creates ambiguity in that it implies that programs that are covered
   by the GPL can produce output that is also covered by the GPL. The answer
   to the question of then that can happen comes from the GPL FAQ:

   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatCaseIsOutputGPL
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatCaseIsOutputGPL>

   The answer is "Only when the program copies part of itself into the
   output." This is still vague, so we can go to a better question by
assuming
   the opposite intent:

   "Is there some way that I can GPL the output people get from use of my
   program? [...]"

   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLOutput
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLOutput>

   Here, the answer is:

   "In general this is legally impossible; [...]"

   So, to be succinct, the output of Free Software, even GPLv3 Free
Software,
   is not covered by the GPL, per the GPL FAQ.

   Chris