[Gimp-developer] are these things to avoid?

One like this:

commit ee772d398ffeed75b8ab1420c531fc1cae74ec32
Author: Michael Natterer <XXXX gimp org>
Date:   Sat Feb 22 09:40:49 2014 +0100

    Bug 694340 - EPS resolution capped @ 1440 on import

    Increase to 8192 which is just as arbitrary but more reasonable.

Yes I know, I am _not_ a developer. But I think that this could be a bad
idea. I may be wrong but there _should_ be a better way to
handle situations like this. This is another:

commit 09a2105aae6f61b1916e4a62379ab96df8e5b53e
Author: Michael Natterer <XXXX gimp org>
Date:   Sun Oct 7 18:52:23 2012 +0200

    Bug 615591 - Received 'gimp-image-set-resolution' out of bounds...

    Increase the maximum resolution from the arbitrary 65536 to the
    arbitrary 1048576, until somebody tries an even better microscope...

Are these param fixed during compilation times?
Could go these params into some preferences or some headers
easily accessed for everyone that eventually could want to
increase? Am I worrying for nothing?

Cheers,

--

Marco Ciampa

"L'utopia sta all'orizzonte. Mi avvicino  di due passi, lei si allontana
di due  passi. Faccio dieci  passi e  l'orizzonte si allontana  di dieci
passi.  Per quanto cammini, non la raggiungerò  mai. A cosa serve
l'utopia? A questo: serve a camminare."              Eduardo Galeano

| Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow   #364 |