Re: [Gimp-developer] Environment.

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Román <roman mailoo org> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to build gimp from git but I cannot because old
pkg-config, babl, gegl, gtk+ and other packages. So I tried to compile
all these packages from source. So, my question is: what do developers
do? do you build all gimp dependecies from source? do you use debian
unstable or something like that to get latest packeges?

You don't need a cutting edge pkg-config, nor gtk+. What you have in
your debian is likely enough (or else, debian is very late on its
versions). You will likely only need the master babl and gegl.
That still makes 3 packages to build from source (babl, GEGL and
GIMP), but they are very easy to compile. That's basically the usual
deal:
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

I would like to learn by making changes in gimp and in the future to help.

We welcome any new help. :-)

Jehan
Regards.
Román!