Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP System Requirements

On 10/23/2013 04:16 AM, thewall01210 gmail com wrote:
Hi,

My name is Robert Drury, and I am a software developer.

I need to use your software for a project I am currently working on and my laptop has a very moderately
powered processor.  I have searched your site thoroughly and can find the system requirements for your
program nowhere.  It is very inconvenient to me and all developers like myself.  I kindly request that you
please post these on your website as these statistics are very important to many people and would further
advance the ease of use of your product.

The system requirements depend a lot on the kind of images your process and how fast you want this to happen. Roughly any machine big enough to run WinXP can run Gimp... I'm software developer myself and a PC big enough to efficiently run what I need for this (IDEs, compilers...) is more than enough for Gimp.