Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP System Requirements

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM,  <thewall01210 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

My name is Robert Drury, and I am a software developer.

I need to use your software for a project I am currently working on and my laptop has a very moderately
powered processor.

I've been using Gimp since the days of the r4000 and 486.  I learned
it on a machine that had 8MB-- that's MB not GB-- of RAM.

You need memory and disk proportional to the size of the images you're
manipulating.  You need processor proportional to the kinds of editing
you're doing.  There is no hard minimum, and no clearly demarcated
lines.

 I have searched your site thoroughly and can find the system requirements for your program nowhere.

"If it can boot a graphical display, it can probably run GIMP"

 It is very inconvenient to me and all developers like myself.  I kindly request that you please post these
on your website as these statistics are very important to many people and would further advance the ease of
use of your product.

Do you have something specific in mind?

Monty