Re: [Gimp-developer] Mystery: scaling "thin" areas makes them partially transparent

Hmm, I was going to report the same observation. A few days ago I
upscaled a 768px wide gradient times 1600, but just horizontally,
keeping the vertical dimension the same. There were several pixels at
either side of the gradient (but not at the top and bottom edges) that
were clear. Are you sure "none" also doesn't have the same issue? When
I removed the alpha channel, I got white.