Re: [Gimp-developer] Adapted and unadapted sRGB luminance values

On 9/29/13, Michael Henning <drawoc darkrefraction com> wrote:
Sorry for the delay in replying; I wanted to take the time to properly
look at everything you've said.

If you managed to make your way through *everything* I said in my
attempt to explain why the adapted values are the correct values for
an ICC profile color managed image editor, you have fortitude!

we should be using the adapted values.

This question of D50 adapted vs D65 unadapted sRGB primaries brings up
a puzzling question. D65 white is much bluer than D50 white. So what
do sRGB images create with Gimp before Gimp was color managed look
like when viewed in an ICC profile color managed image editor? Does
anyone have an image created using one of the earliest versions of
Gimp that I could look at, preferably an image that is supposed to
have areas of light gray or white?

Elle

--
Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com

Just because it's a standard, doesn't mean it's right.