[Gimp-developer] Python wrappers for easier GEGL access -

Hi there -

as you may know, i tis possible to use GEGL from Python and other languages
by using gobject introspection -

But the automated bindings generated make it too verbose, and
make poor use of the introspection built-in GEGL itself -

So I've created these lightweight wrappers over the automatic bindings,
with the main objective of exposing GEGL's introspection facilities
transparently
in Python:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-gegl/0.1
https://github.com/jsbueno/python-gegl/releases/tag/v0.1

The little code that is in there now should be enough to get
started in popularizing GEGL as a general purpose Imaging Library
for people doing Python -
if only we can make pygobject installation itself easier. :-/

  js
 -><-