Re: [Gimp-developer] UI theme for GIMP

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM, scl <scl gplus gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

the topic to equip GIMP with a better UI theme has come up
from time to time and especially recently.

I have set up a wiki page for our work on this:
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Specs:UI_Theme
(conditional to find a better place).

Cool, thanks.

Comments are welcome.

I think we all agree that the existing default themes (the ones named
"Default" and "Small") won't disappear. And that seems to be confirmed
by what you wrote on the wiki page: "It's no aim to supersede the
current GIMP themes 'Default' and 'Small'. They shall reside as
'System' themes".

Then I have 2 questions:

1/ Will the symbolic themes be the new default? Which one? Dark one
(with light icons) or light one (with dark icons)?

2/ Can we still have the Default/Small colored icons evolved? I feel
that some people may prefer to keep the older theme. And I guess there
are for every taste. And I can definitely see some evolution. I think
the color icons are not that bad. Yet some icons could definitely be
redrawn.

Thanks.

Jehan

Kind regards,