Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP release: 2.8.10 request, OS X

Hi Simone,

nice to read from you! It has been quite a long time we had
mail contact.

On 26.11.2013 at 8:32 PM Simone Karin Lehmann wrote:
Hi everybody,

Am 24.11.2013 um 10:59 schrieb scl <scl gplus gmail com>:

Can you guys and girls please find a way to work together?

well, long story, at least from my point of view. I’ll try
the short version. (the first version of this post was
way longer .-) )
Years ago, there was no GIMP for the mac besides MacPorts
or Fink. [...]
But differences came. Mainly about on what to focus the efforts.
> Plugins vs. stock GIMP, specialized development environment vs.
generic environment (MacPorts / jhbuild), specialized patches vs.
generic ones. And from what I see now in various projects and
> sources: NSObject classes vs. CoreFoundation.

I' focusing on plugins, specialized environment,
> specialized patches and NSObject classes.

Yes, I read about that sad story.
I don't know every detail of our OS X builds, but I think a solution
could be negotiated. At least working together could ease our all
work on both sides.

What makes it so hard to speak to another at the mailing list or IRC

mainly that I have only very limited time and, that I don’t like IRC and, well, my bad english.

I understand. At least the first is IMO a common problem in almost
every free-time voluntary commitment. Welcome to the club.
Don't worry about bad English: nobody's perfect and as yet
we're understanding each other. In case of serious language trouble
I'm offering help in translation.

and unite your forces? Come on, we don't bite ;-)

Neither I do.
So I’ll give it a try.

That's a nice start!
You're welcome and can reach us per mail, mailing list or in
#gimp at irc.gimp.org or - if you like - at next years [Libre Graphics Meeting] in Leipzig/Germany.

Greetings,

Sven

[Libre Graphics Meeting]: http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/