Re: [Gimp-developer] Quick-edit workflow

Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 20:15:23 -0800
From: akkana shallowsky com
To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Quick-edit workflow

I've found that the new model makes me stop and think every time
I save or export anything. For one thing, I'm still confused about
the difference between Export... and Export to -- they seem to do
the same thing even though one has a ... and the other doesn't, they
have different shortcuts, and one of them isn't always available.
And I can never remember in any given session which images can use
Overwrite versus which ones need an Export... or Export to, so I no
longer trust any save/export shortcut to be the right one, and
almost always end up going to the menus instead.

It's just like the difference between "Save" and "Save As" in that, during the same session, "Export" uses
the settings from the previous export (if any) while "Export to..." always prompts for a filename.  Of
course, if you don't export very often then the difference is moot because every export happens during a
different session.

And similar to you, one thing *I* don't get is why "Export" and "Overwrite" need to be separate commands.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com