Re: [Gimp-developer] Why can't we alter a filter-setting after processing...without recalling this filter?

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM,  <shepherdsbush post com> wrote:

1. Is it possible to implement this soon? Maybe a third button "stay a little while" :)

Some of the foundation for that has been laid in the current unstable
version, but it's most likely not a 2.10 feature -- rather 3.0 or
maybe 3.2.

2. Why haven't this major feature implemented for so many years?

Because the code doesn't write itself :)

3. Is this for the developers a very complicated thing?

Implementing non-destructive filters demands a complete switch to a
different image processing core which is what we've been working on
for the past several years. Yes, it's not a trivial change.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org