[Gimp-developer] updating the raw images import preview background

Hi,

Currently(2.9.1) the raw image preview(where one sets
width/height/bitpacking) has a white background. I find this confusing
under two circumstances:
    A)Opening a raw bitmap where image border is light(here I'm unsure
where the right edge is)
    B)Opening a raw bitmap where the end of the bitmap is not
delineated(here I'm unusre where the bottom is).

I suggest either:
    Adding a border delineating the right and bottom edges
    Drawing a checkerboard pattern on the background

I'm happy to implement one of these, but wanted to check if there was
any guidance on the specifics before I started.

-Richard