Re: [Gimp-developer] Text Editor Popup/Overlay Dialog

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:15:05 -0400
From: jaketblank gmail com
To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-developer] Text Editor Popup/Overlay Dialog

The overlay-ed Text Editor in Gimp 2.8+ is extremely annoying - how can I
choose a proper font if I can't see my image?! afaik there's no way to
disable it :/

Please tell me I'm wrong!

The on-canvas text editor is new in 2.8, but one of the things you need
to mind is that the font face/size/options shown on it only affect
selected or subsequent text input -- when you need to control the font
face/size/etc. for the text layer as a whole, you'll need to set it from
 the Text tool's options.

The major advantage is completely and
100% WYSIWYG text editing.  However, if you prefer the separate
text-editing window, just enable the "Use text editor" checkbox in the
tool's options.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com