[Gimp-developer] Inquiry about brightness and contrast function

Dear GIMP team,

I am a student and also an user of GIMP software. I would like to say thank you for your effort to create
such a wonderful image processing software. I very appreciate.

I am wondering if I could ask you a question relating to the function of adjusting brightness and contrast in
GIMP which is introduced on your website:

"In GIMP 2.4, a new way of operating this tool has been added: by clicking the mouse inside the image, and
dragging while keeping the left mouse button down. Moving the mouse vertically changes the brightness; moving
horizontally changes the contrast. When you are satisfied with the result, you can either press the OK button
on the dialog, or hit the Return key on your keyboard."

Would you mind advising me how you could write the code for this function?

Thank you

Kind regards,

Yung