Re: [Gimp-developer] How to deal with pixel-per-pixel opera tions?

Thanks for the answer, I’m not new on GIMP plugin’s development but I’m totally new on GEGL operations!

After a first look, it seems that none of the standard plugins from the GIMP’s procedure database use GEGL
for their operations, and the only way to test a operation made with GEGL is to open this dialog:
http://docs.gimp.org/it/gimp-tool-gegl.html

.... am I wrong?

I mean, is it possible to define a new plugin using the classical method with ’gimp_install_procedure()’,
making it accessible through the PDB and writing a ”complex” user interface with GTK, but using GEGL APIs for
the image manipulation phase?

Where to find a documentation about those ’GeglOperation’ or ‘GeglBuffer’ APIs? Seems I need to learn a lot
of new things...

Ale