[Gimp-developer] about that student work...

Tobias Jakobs asked me in a comment on the blogpost

<http://blog.mmiworks.net/2012/05/teaching-interaction-12.html>

‘What does this mean for the Gimp team? Is it a good idea to use one ob this to redesign the tool or does it
need more work?’

I answered:

‘Good question. One has to value this work for what it is, student work from a class that ran one week.

‘One the one hand a certain part of GIMP—in 2012 seam carving—that has never received any interaction design
thought, gets methodically worked on by 3 or 4 teams of talented designers. The results are a shot in the arm
for GIMP.

‘On the other hand a week is very short and for the students it is their first introduction to interaction
design. Thus the presented results are alway an _inspired_start_ but not complete and deep enough for
implementation.

‘To do the methodical student work justice, the logical next step is that experienced interaction designers
take the work forward and create a for-production design.’

This is of course relevant to the SoC.

ps: I am blogging the results of 2013 right now.

    --ps

            man + machine interface works

        http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture