Re: [Gimp-developer] GSOC NPD advice

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Marek Dvoroznak <dvoromar gmail com> wrote:

I have a static library which can do n-point deformation - it has
functions which create mesh, allow to add points on mesh, perform the
deformation algorithm etc. The library is bundled with GEGL (in my
branch - inside libs/npd). I also have a GEGL operation which use that
library and implements necessary graphics functions.

A slightly different approach would fit better with the GEGL architecture,
make the mesh object a valid property type with paramspec and all and add
it among the others in gegl/property-types/. and use it as part of the
input/configuration of an op that contains the actual deformation logic.

Though I believe adding a mesh manipulation API,. and finding an API that
would be useful also for other ops would be a challenge,.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/