Re: [Gimp-developer] publication permission

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Michael Natterer  wrote:
On Sat, 2013-07-06 at 09:18 -0400, Christopher Whittum wrote:
Hello.  I am writing a book on open source educational software
(Energize Education Through Open Source).  In this book, I discuss
GIMP.  I would like to obtain your permission to  include a screen
shot of GIMP to accompany my abstract.

My guts feeling is that you can use screenshots of GIMP for whatever
purpose, and of course we have no problem with promoting GIMP in
educational literature, but IANAL, so I'm CCing gimp-developer-list
for the record, and to maybe get you a more educated response on the
issue.

IANAL too, but since there's no trademark on GIMP, people can do as they please.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org