Re: [Gimp-developer] Ways to improve Gimp 2.9 performance

Warning: Untested

If you build/compile GIMP and key libraries (e.g. GEGL, BABL) from source, maybe you should try

CFLAGS="-march=native -O3" CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O3" ./autogen.sh ...

instead of the usual

./autogen.sh ...

This may, or may not, make a noticeable difference.

But if I was concerned about speed on my specific hardware, I'd try that first.

And actually, if I do this with BABL and GEGL, make check within GEGL runs 26% faster on my modest laptop.

So, my guess is that propagating the above suggestion to GIMP itself and a few key libraries may make things slightly less painful.