[Gimp-developer] Vertical orientation for Gradient Editor toolbox

So I have a problem with using the Gradient Editor....

Trying to come up with a useful way organize my toolboxes on the UI, I settled on putting the Gradient Editor
on the right half of the window, occupying the entire column.  I may rearrange things later, but for now it
works . . . except for one thing:  The extremely tall aspect ratio in this configuration is a huge waste of
visual real estate, since the Gradient Editor displays the gradient in a horizontal (left-to-right) manner.

Idea:  Create an option to have the Gradient Editor flip its display vertically (see attachment).  That would
put a tall aspect ratio to much better use. :)

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com