Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP to participate in Google Summer of Code 2013

If you are student willing to work on GIMP during the summer and be
sponsored by Google, please have a look at the list of ideas [1] or
tell us about an idea of your own.

[1] http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Hacking:GSoC/2013/Ideas

If that still counts: IMO we should really focus on the GEGL port
(including the OpenCL port to improve performance), making useful GEGL operations available in GIMP, like the improved foreground selection tool and finish/integrate the former GSoC results.
That would be better than inventing new stuff that lies for long time
around in yet-to-integrate branches until luckily somebody takes pity
on it. Or - in words of our roadmap -: 'But at the end of the day, it is better to have one feature 100% complete than two features 50% complete.'

I don't want to spoil the party, but let's keep our product vision and the important tasks in mind.

Kind regards,

Sven