Re: [Gimp-developer] Lack of TWAIN scanner dialogue

On Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:14:29, Gordon Edwards wrote:

> So, is there any way we can get The GIMP to give us acess to the
> TWAIN driver? This would really be peachy-keen if it can be done.

That's strange, GIMP only supports TWAIN (and the WIA interface you're
seeing is a TWAIN-to-WIA bridge provided by Microsoft).

Which GIMP installer did you use - from
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/ (also linked from
http://www.gimp.org/), or Partha's? My installer will normally install
a 32-bit TWAIN plug-in for GIMP (even on x64 Windows), because there
are almost no 64-bit TWAIN drivers, and you should be able to use
every TWAIN driver you have installed (both TWAIN drivers for my HP
5590 are shown, and a separate WIA stub).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Enough research will tend to support your theory.
       -- Law of Research