Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8.4 release?

On 14.10.12 at 03:48 a.m. Christopher Curtis wrote:

In the recent past, there was a discussion about doing timed releases,
every ~3 months.

I'd appreciate it, too.

If a ~3-month cycle is desired, the 2nd release in the 2.8.x series
could be 2012-11-03 or 2012-11-24. I mention this now because an -RC
release 2 weeks prior to the earlier date would be 1 week from now.

To prepare the upcoming next releases (like final testing etc.) I'd also find some information an appropriate time before useful. May it be a simple announcement on the mailing lists ('Next release planned in 2 weeks. Start testing thoroughly with drawocs nightly builds'), a schedule or a more official RC. What will be the best match for the current projects situation? There was already a release planning thread almost two months ago ('gimp 2.8.1. when?'). Let's see how we can get further.

Kind regards,

Sven