[Gimp-developer] =?utf-8?q?Implementing_gettext_localization_into?= =?utf-8?q?_GIMP_plugin?=

Hello everyone, I’m trying to add l18n support into a widely used plugin for GIMP.
In few words, I followed the former way to add localization support using gettext, that’s the same system used by GIMP’s core.

So, I’ve converted all my localizable strings into _(”string-id”), then I’ve added the following rows before starting the plugin interface:

bindtextdomain (”plugin-name”, “./plugin-locale”);
bind_textdomain_codeset (”plugin-name”, "UTF-8");
textdomain (”plugin-name”);

“plugin-locale” folder is structured in this way:

<plugin-base-dir>
plugin-locale/
      en/
            LC_MESSAGES/
                        messages.po
      it/
            LC_MESSAGES/
                        messages.po

I get no errors while compiling, but all the strings remain untranslated.
Am I missing something? Thank you.

Ale