Re: [Gimp-developer] Re : Feedback from an ordinary user

--- En date de : Mer 28.11.12, Monty Montgomery <xiphmont gmail com> a écrit :

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM,
> Alexia Death <alexiadeath gmail com>
> wrote:
> > ... sigh... Let me explain this again.
>
> Yes, we're all shaking our heads.
>
> (I was bitten by the smarmy 'you're wrong! I know what you
> want to do,
> but I'll not do it!' dialog several times tonight alone...
> nothing
> like re-navigating through stacks of directories from
> scratch after
> the 'Ha ha' message.  I laugh along every time.)
> Blaming the users with a big sigh and eye-roll isn't a
> strategy for
> long-term success.  I tried it for a long time myself,
> it's not really
> a great plan.
>
> Monty

I [wrongly] thought my post was lost.

Let me just add, for the record, that besides what you wrote my post wasn't about trying to re-(describe/define) what the save options/paths/workflow are doing. In my post I was, after recap'ing how many save options we had and what they do (regardless of how I could describe them for *that* part was irrelevant of my... "rant") just trying to stress on the fact that there were too many [save] options. The *sigh* you're referring to was about points which weren't the ones I intended to discuss. (I'm not reacting as if it were a personal attack though, no worry about that.)

But that debate shall be closed, I guess.

Cheers,
Vince C.