Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:24:59 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:
> Just pointing this out again  -  in the future vision, that we are
> approaching step by step, the export operation with it's tasks, like
> scale etc should not require you creating a new image for this
> process... It would just be a view on top of the existing xcf project
> -  very much like a target complation is in IDE-s. But this future can
> not happen in one single release. It will come iteratvely. This
> separation is just one step on a long way. First mandatory step...

"Existing XCF project".

Here's the thing: not every image I want to edit is something I think of
as a "project".  Sometimes it's just a "bug fix" or minor enhancement
(such as crop/unsharp mask/rescale).  I'm starting from a JPEG file and
ending up with one, and have no practical reason to ever have an XCF
file since I'm pretty confident I'm not going to be making a lot of
further changes.
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton