Re: [Gimp-developer] Feedback and personal comments about Gimp 2.8

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Vincent Cadet <v_cadet yahoo fr> wrote:
--- En date de : Lun 19.11.12, Vincent Cadet <v_cadet yahoo fr> a écrit :

> > > I'll wipe out my current profile and check again to make sure.

I can confirm: Gimp 2.8 defaults to assigning the airbrush to the stylus *and* eraser until I change it. Either tip of the pen remain with the assigned brush until I close Gimp. I have checked with the default Gimp 2.8 profile, as I suspected I had done it initially.

Here's what I did:

1. run: find ~/.gimp-2.8 -delete (it's been backed up beforehand ;-)
2. run: Gimp 2.8
3. enable Bamboo Fun (pad, pen, eraser) and Cintiq (pad, pen, eraser) devices, mode screen
4. use the pen: notice airbrush selected
5. flip the stylus to use the eraser: notice airbrush selected
6. select the eraser tool

From what I recall, I also had this behavior (did not try to reproduce just now, but I remember at the time it took a while to actually realize I could select a different tool for the eraser tip).
That would indeed be much more friendlier to have the eraser selected by default.

7. flip back to the pen: notice airbrush selected
8. flip again to the eraser: notice eraser selected.

Repeat 4. - 8. for the other tablet.

Takes longer to write than do but that's it :D .

Well I'd propose you copy that down in a bug report on our bugzilla and post the ticket ID on this thread after. :-)

Jehan

Cheers,
Vince C.