Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

> Von: Robert Krawitz <rlk alum mit edu>

> And as I noted before, the GIMP 2.8 behavior does not protect against
> the kind of overconfidence where you think you're just not going to need
> the layer information in the future.  You've made a conscious choice at
> that point not to save it.

This may change in future versions - where maybe you won't even have the choice not to save, because saving has become so cheap that it can be done any time, and the program just does it for you.

The 2.8 changes are a step in that direction.