[Gimp-developer] Helping with the GEGL transition

Hi,

I just wanted to know if there was some help needed for the GEGL transition. From what I understood, the fact we are in the middle of it is the main reason why the whole GIMP drawing from master is so extraordinary slow.
So if I could help to speed this all up, I'd be happy. :-)

But right now I am too new to GIMP dev to know by myself where to start on this specific topic. Is there any task/bug ticket you might direct me to whether you'd need more hands?
Thanks!

Jehan