Re: [Gimp-developer] Cross-compile for and packaging/testing on Windows

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM, drawoc <drawoc darkrefraction com> wrote:
Personally, I think the wiki would probably be a better place for
stuff like that than the repo (but it's not really my call what goes
in the repo or not).

There's already a stub for compiling for/on windows:
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Hacking:Building/Windows

I didn't know this page, though it is not much filled anyway. :-)
I personally does not care much *where* it is as long as I know this *where*. Indeed I think it could be a little more centralized. Between developer.gimp.org, the wiki, what is in the repo, etc. I am a little lost and end up spending more time on search engines than in the doc. :-/

If you'd like a wiki account, I'm told you should hop on IRC and
bother either LightningIsMyName or Alexia_Death.

Ok I'll pass some time today or another day and ask for an account.

If you need any more help with cross compiling, feel free to ask. A
few people, including myself, have up to date cross compiling
environments working, and wouldn't mind helping you (or anyone) out if
you run into any more problems.

Thanks for the offer! I had so many problems one after the other that I felt asking too much would be bothering everyone.
Anyway now I compiled it, well enough to be able to test my patch (that is now in the main repo), so hopefully I won't need to bother with Windows for quite some time.
But if I need more, I will ask on the list. :-)

Jehan

  -- drawoc