Re: [Gimp-developer] file open and create

Liam R E Quin wrote:

> Goal: I'm sure I'm not alone in finding file->open and file->create
> confusing, along with file->create->from webpage being different from
> File->Open Location, both of which take a URI... it's a mess.

File->Create is not related at all to File->Open.

it is related to File->New.

it is New with the size (and maybe other) parameters set,
and the specified content (which is always _not_ a file)
in the first layer.

I maintain it is very important to have a direct menu
item to do:

> File->Create
> from clipboard
> from webpage
> screenshot
> xsane device dialog
> xsane epkowa:usb:003:002
> xsane v4l:'dev'video0

with shortcuts (for the stable items I guess) being assignable
and no penalty of dialogs (if possible).

we can discuss again how Create was named (I was involved,
so it ain't half bad); it was to not to have New... and under it
New > (with a submenu).

    --ps

            man + machine interface works

        http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture