[Gimp-developer] and if I don't have middle click ?

I wanted to (ex)change a color of a simple png image, so I tried to use
Colors -> Map -> Color Exchange... tool.

There I am invited to "Middle-click inside preview to pick "From
color"". Where to middle click ? I only have a two button touchpad. I
switched the working place to my main dektop computer where the wheel
button is set to magnify function. I had to change the wheel button
to "middle click" function just to be able to pick the "From color"
from the original image.

I suppose I could use previously the color picker, write down the
desired color value and then enter manually the value in the "From
color" area of the Color exchange, but what is then the purpose of all
features of the tool ?

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară