Re: [Gimp-developer] Targeted audience of GIMP?

There are a couple of user scenarios that are not on the list, that I
hope can be included. These are:

- Creating original art from scratch (basically drawing and
painting...this is mainly what I use GIMP for). Actually, it works
pretty nicely for this as is...but it would be nice to see it included
anyway. :)
- Creating textures for 3D (for games or film). This is in many ways a
lot like creating original art from found images with a few
differences. Such as creating tileable textures, exporting different
passes (color, bump, spec maps etc.), and warping images to match
UV's. Taken to the extreme it would include painting directly on 3D
models, but I think that would be outside the scope of what GIMP is.

Cheers,

  Ragnar