Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 2.8.0 - Saving in .jpg or .png hmmmmm

Hi!

My 2c on the issue -  This change is GOOD not only for the target
audience but to the novice too! You would not belive how may times
people new to graphics have come to varoius gimp channels asking how i
can change text on this here image I saved from gimp yesterday as jpg
or png and I have to tell them that they cant! and they are not even
aware of the xcf as a format that would allow them to change the
composition at any time. In the worst case, they have managed to
destroy the original by overwriting it too!

The noobs are safe from destructive mistakes and the pro-s are happy
because it now works the way that is the defacto industry standard.
Only people that complain are the intermediate users that have habbits
they have to change now... Very human. And slightly tedious.