Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 2.8 blend time

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 06:57 -0700, C55inator wrote:
> So, I've recently switched from gimp 2.6 to gimp 2.8, and I found that the time taken to draw gradients is far longer in 2.8 than in 2.6
>
> To test, I made a blank black canvas at 1024px, then drew a radial gradient from center to edge.  2.6 drew it in under a second.  2.8 took 8.7 seconds to complete.
>
> Is this something that others have noticed?  Is it a result of the move to GEGL?  Will it be fixed?

GIMP 2.8 is not ported to GEGL.

If I try this on git master (which IS ported to GEGL), it takes much
less than a second on my linux machine, and is even faster on
my Mac, even though there is zero threading and only one processor
used.

I don't currently have 2.8 installed on this Mac, but it can hardly
be slower, unless the threading got broken in GLib, try to set
#processors to 1 in prefs and try again.

Also, what build are you using? Native or X11?

--Mitch