Re: [Gimp-developer] Reading and saving of 3D MPO files in GIMP

Hi,

I got the answer from Christian (the author of the MPO splitting software). He appreciates a MPO plugin for gimp and wrote: "So my understanding is that this does not make it incompatible with GPL v3 at all! But if it helps, I'm certainly happy to release mposplit under GPL additionally ..."
The result is that we can use the code in GIMP now!

How can we implement such an import filter? Is it more practical to add the MPO reading filter as an option to the JPEG filter or to create a new import filter that uses the JPEG source code from the JPEG filter?

Best regards,
Albrecht