Re: [Gimp-developer] What is this new p-l-a-n-n-e-d thing? Another buzzword for managers? :)

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM, grafxuser wrote:

> I'm software developer, too, and would support GIMP when I have more time.
> Reading various postings I'm convinced I'm not the only one with this
> approach. For outsiders the decision to contribute would be easier, if they
> knew the project is still alive and their contribution would improve
> something.

The outsiders can read regular news at gimp.org or our very active
Google+ page. If the outsiders choose not to do that, I fail to see
how else I can get the message through. It's not as if I should be
knocking on every door asking "Any potential GIMP contributors
inside"? This is really, really simple :)

> I heard, some developers packed it all in, because they didn't
> see their patches become integrated. If one is under the impression, that a
> project is more an unsystematic tinkering and his contribution doesn't
> actuate or advance something, it will be pointless for him to get involved.

There are different reasons for a patch to not be integrated. Not all
of that has something to do with "unsystematic tinkering".

> If you'd publish the progress and the successes in GIMP development at the
> gimp.org front page more often and outsiders see the project running in
> ordered circumstances, your problem with missing developers could be solved
> or at least alleviated.

More often than...?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org