[Gimp-developer] [Script-fu] How to convert a path to a selection?

Hi,

in GIMP 2.6.12 I tried to make a selection from a path for further use.

To achieve this I used the following code snippet
(let * ((v (gimp-vectors-import-from-file image filename FALSE scale-to-imagesize))
(gimp-vectors-to-selection v 2 TRUE FALSE 0 0)
)
This snippet should
1. import a path from a file, without merging all the paths in the file,
and scaling it up to image size, if the user wants this
2. make a selection out of the imported path

All my attempts using the variable v directly or with various combinations of car and cdr went wrong. Usually gimp-vectors-to-selection gave the error 'Invalid type for argument 1 to gimp-vectors-to-selection'. After all my attempts I'm clueless now.

I already searched within the scripts that are shipped with GIMP and with Google, too. But I found nothing that helped me.

Can anybody tell me how to call gimp-vectors-to-selection properly and give me a working example, please?

BTW, can I use the whole scheme language in Script-fu or are there any restrictions?

Thanks in advance!

grafxuser