[Gimp-developer] (no subject)

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Ben Harrington-Ellsmore  wrote:
> Hi I have been trying to work out how to get Gimp to only show fonts from
> the user/fonts file rather than the vast amount of system fonts can anyone
> point me at the code section I need to start mucking about with?

Which version of GIMP?
On what system?

gimp 2.6.12
running in ubuntu 12.04

 In general, if you want a problem solved, you should be providing more information about the conditions where the issue takes place.
P.S. Why is it a gimp-developer@ list material
I have been poking at the gui for a while and haven't been able to find a way to do what I
would like to be able to, drastically shorten the list of fonts.
I removed the path to system fonts from preferences/folders/fonts but they still appear
have also googled extensively and have only been able to find topics with the opposite situation
(no system fonts showing)
so tried to reverse what they had done to get system fonts back but that didn't help
so after almost a year of trying on and off I posted it as a suggestion on the gimp-brainstorm
where peter suggested I ask here.