Re: [Gimp-developer] Bring back normal handling of other file formats

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:13:29 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
>
>> If they don't, their bad fortune.  Making a common operation less
>> convenient for everyone because some user may not realize what's going
>> on -- and no way to turn off the inconvenience -- is unnecessarily
>> paternalistic, IMHO.
>
> Well, if you don't read warnings in this very list about
> http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Vision_briefing, it's your bad fortune
> :)
>
> It's been mentioned a thousand times that it's not just about making
> mistakes while saving, that there's also such a thing as creating
> complex images from scratch being the focus.

And that's fine, but surely experienced users will know this before
long?

The real use case that I see is quick editing of a JPEG or PNG file.
Something I suspect a lot of even hard core professional users do from
time to time.
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton