Re: [Gimp-developer] canvas and layer

On 6/19/12, Ursu Dumitru <dimaursu16 gmail com> wrote:

> Now what I was wondering was: is there a real need for having both these
> things: canvas and layer? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

Perhaps we are talking about two different things. But I use canvas
(Image - Canvas size) all the time, to make a "canvas" large enough to
hold diversely shaped and sized layers from different sources. I also
use canvas to crop (rather than scale) an image to a specific size, as
it allows me to decide where to position the cropped area.

Kind regards,
Elle
--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com