Re: [Gimp-developer] Important misfunction in gimp scaling tool

On 06/06/2012 06:44 AM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 00:47 +0200, Ofnuts wrote:

The "when the /from centre/ transformation constraint is enabled, the
translation shall also translate the diagonally opposite corner points
by the same distance, however with the angle of the vector 180 degrees
rotated." tells me that the "centre" is the intersection of the
diagonals and that you can't do anything about it.
I don't think you should view it as written in stone - it's a
starting-point that will have to be modified, potentially, based on
feedback such as this and on real user experience.

Given that this remark was made several months ago (maybe even on the previous mailing list) and that nothing has changed on the WIki, I'm not holding my breath.

  each
scale/rotate slighly blurs the picture, so it's a major usability gain
to be able to do it in one single pass
This may or may not be true with the GEGL graph-based editing, we'll see
-- consecutive transformations could be edited out, although that may
defeat people who intentionally scale repeatedly to get exactly that
distortion.
Liam